The Program Consolider-Ingenio 2010, the "Human Rights Age" HURI-AGE, is made up of twelve groups of research, and has as its primary aim, to strengthen the capacity for research and education in Human Rights at national level.
Other members of this program are: Carlos III University, through the Human Rights Institute "Bartolomé de las Casas", the Human Rights Institute of the University of Valencia, the Laboratory of Legal Sociology of the University of Zaragoza, the Institut de Drets Humans of Catalonia, the University Jaume I of Castellón, the University of Jaén, the University of Alcala de Henares, the University of Seville, the University of Cadiz, the University of Vigo, the University of Cantabria.
The Pedro Arrupe Human Rights Institute of the University of Deusto participates in the Consolider-Ingenio 2010 program with the project "Human Rights Age" HURI-AGE, financed by the I+D+I Plan of the Ministry of Science and Innovation.
Objectives and context
The project aims to promote strategic operations that increase the quality of research in human rights. Its main objective consists of promoting and improving research in human rights, it also seeks to reinforce the competitiveness of the participating teams, to harness their visibility, to increase their weight in the international panorama and to ensure the transference of the research results to the social agents and institutions involved in the defence of human rights.
Lines of research
There are twelve lines of research within the project HURI-AGE:
* Rights in the ethical, political and legal context
* Organisation and international justice
* Democracy, governance and participation
* Implementation and effectiveness of human rights
* Science and technology
* Humanitarian action
* Emergent rights
* Economic, social and cultural rights
* Environment and development
* Vulnerable groups
* Freedom and security
The Pedro Arrupe Human Rights Institute leads the line of Humanitarian Action.
The project is structured in four platforms , oriented to optimise the impact of the aforementioned lines and to guarantee their transfer to the academic, political, enterprise and social areas:
* Research Platform . Includes actions like the development of research projects or the promotion of research structures.
* Education Platform . Seeks the consolidation of topical postgraduate studies and innovation in educational techniques.
* Strengthening Platform . Promotes internationalisation, mobility and quality of research.
* Diffusion, Dissemination and Transfer Platform . Creates the Website, a Latin American human rights portal, as well as reports, guides and newsletters on "the time of rights".